Better processes for sales people and their teams, using MaverickApp. This sales and enablement tool that lets you use your valuable time selling with
- Better frequency
- Focus on closing high quality deals with GREAT customer service
All things lead to highly effective cold calls.
At the beginning, we didn’t have any guests, so Steve is explaining all that he does as he does it. He enjoys the process. You will see his mistakes and his thought process.
What is Cold Calling?
At its pure base level it is proactively calling someone who you think will benefit from your services or goods. This is not “sleazy” or “sales-y” when done right. Though it’s not dead, it has been decreasing in light of “push the button, magic” type products.
This is good! YOU get to go back to basics and do it right.
Trial and error leads to fine tuning your skills.
- Be in the right headspace
- Be detached from the result
- Set yourself up right and clear – physically
Call 1: Frank, owner, Pet Control Co.
- Be honest
- Be clear
- Be ok with someone saying no
- Write your notes, get it into your computer later
- Book your appointments right away!
Call 2: Michelle, sales manager
- Not a cold call… but ok to contact the next person on your list with a different outreach. Steve tries this gal on LinkedIn.
- Ask an insightful and clear question
- On LI, send and inMail and a connection request
Call 3: Access College America contact
Left a message — just his name, number, and a quick “hey I’m following up on an email”
Call 4: Kyle, The Row
Got blocked by a call screening
Call 5: number not in service — cool — move on
Call 6: Pulsar
Left a short and sweet message
Use first name only
Call 7: Tim H.
Left a slightly different short message
Update contact information as you go — this one is clearly a cell or direct number. (MaverickApp lets you make notes on your contacts.)
Call 8 and 9: more voice messages
(Steve is REALLY great at leaving messages!)
Call 10: Emit.
- Ask if they know who you are.
- Ask if it’s ok to proceed.
- Ask about pain points.
- Book that next follow up call!
Call 11: William
- Introduce yourself as needed
- Mention a couple highlights
- Answer their questions in a way that leads to more information from them
- Keep asking questions.
- Book that call!
Bonus preview of the MaverickApp interface and its capabilities to personalize it, set it and forget it type of email series that will automatically remind your contacts how great you are.
Work with the information you have.
Make it about THEM.
Bottom line: Cold calling works, y’all.